Monday, February 13, 2012

[in a desperate attempt to cheer myself up, I think this is just going to be a ~monthly inspiration post~ or something]

I think the ascetic power a film can have on you is massively underrated by most feature films recently which is where my love for Sofia Coppola comes from, aside from all the sensual filming the aesthetic to all the films is so ~comforting~ and beautiful and even in her new Marni for H&M advert this is still clear


Another part of The Virgin Suicides I absolutely love is the close ups in the girl's rooms and I'm just in love with the idea of angels and fairies (also in Romeo + Juliet!) and lace and beauty all collected together on a windowsill or shelf or whatever

I've been making more ~flower crowns~ this month too! After watching Lana Del Rey's Born To Die video a few hundred times I'm now waiting for spring to arrive as that means all sorts of daisies and tulips and lots more opportunity for flower-y wonderfulness!


[After seeing the new Stella McCartney S/S Ad Campaign I think I may need to invest in a flower press also]


I've been scouring Etsy too, trying to find beautiful pieces like this, sadly I haven't succeed  yet but I'm hoping by the end of the month to own a beautiful Lisbon-esque dress like this!


Forever being inspired by the dreamy perfection that is Audrey Horne and her wonderful dancing and sweater collection!





One final thing! I think some people under estimate the power cartoons have really, I mean I've only just re-watched Persepolis but it's such a good film and I highly recommend it as it's not only cute and amazing but it kind of make you think about cultural identity and real issues and it's nice. SECONDLY, whoever says Lisa Simpson [first ever feminist ICON] isn't totally rad and amazing is either wrong, or they're lying.

3 comments:

  1. Aww is all I can say here. And I really wanted a flower press but I've found a heavy book just as effective xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to own Audrey Horne's sweater collection so badly. This post is fabbb! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG the flower head band is just soooo beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete